In my last post, I fantasized that the surgeon decided this third surgery would not be necessary and that the Abcesses could be treated with antibiotics. This is exactly what he decided to try.
He has postponed the surgery to treat me with antibiotics for a week. Then I get another CAT Scan. If at that time the Abcesses have healed or shrunk enough, then no surgery. If not... "you're not out of the woods yet," he said, Surgery could still follow.
I am taking the optimistic view.
He sewed in some new sutures to replace some of the staples that came out but did not completely close the wound. He put me back on a clear-liquid diet and plans to keep me here in the hospital until at least Tuesday.